Press "Enter" to skip to content

2000 afcon

© 2015-2016 Athlet.org (US) Sports News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. We felt sad because it could have been a wonderful gift to the fans on home soil especially since we had invested so much in the tournament.”. Oliseh, who captained the Nigerian team at the tournament, said it was more painful because he had given his all to ensure the Eagles triumphed at home — to the extent that he played despite having malaria. The CAF Africa Cup of Nations, officially CAN (French: Coupe d'Afrique des Nations), also referred to as AFCON, or Total Africa Cup of Nations after its headline sponsor, is the main international men's association football competition in Africa. For more information, see the, Nigeria national football team 2000–09 results, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, 2002 African Cup of Nations qualification, 2002 African Cup of Nations quarter-final, 2002 African Cup of Nations 3rd place match, 2004 African Cup of Nations qualification, Independence Stadium (Banjul Football Stadium), 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification – CAF Group 4, Nigeria national football team complete 'A' international record - 11v11.com, 1950 First International Friendly - (Nigeria vs Ghana), 1980 African Cup Final (Nigeria vs Algeria), 1994 CAF World Cup Qualifier (Algeria v Nigeria, 1993), 1994 African Cup Final (Nigeria vs Zambia), 1994 First Ever World Cup Match (def. AFCON 2000 : Group A (Standings, Fixtures and Results).

13 February 2000 2000 AfCoN Final: Nigeria 2 - 2 (3–4 p) Senegal: Lagos, Nigeria: Chukwu 45 ' Okocha 47 ' Report: Eto'o 26 ' Mboma 31 ' Attendance: 40,000 Referee: Mourad Daami : Penalties: Okocha Okpara Kanu Ikpeba Oliseh: M'Boma Wome Geremi Foé Song 9 April 2000 2002 FIFA World Cup qualification: Eritrea 0 - 0 Nigeria: Asmara, Eritrea: Report: Stadium: Denden Stadium …

The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) says it foiled a plot to abduct Gretchen Whitmer, governor of Michigan.Advertisement CNN quoted a criminal complaint as stating the alleged plot... President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the reappointment of Faisal Shuaib as the executive director/chief executive officer of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA).Advertisement Shuaib’s reappointment was contained in... NCDC confirms 103 new COVID-19 infections, COVID-19: FG to introduce new rapid test kits, FBI foils ‘plot to kidnap, overthrow’ US governor, Buhari reappoints Faisal Shuaib as NPHCDA executive director, Alex Asogwa: I was depressed, cried… prayed for death after BBNaija, FAKE NEWS ALERT: Okonjo-Iweala hasn’t been declared WTO DG, ASUU strike: Only workers on IPPIS will be paid salaries, says Buhari, CDD to INEC: Engaging NURTW to transport materials in Ondo problematic, HEAD TO HEAD: How the three lawyers battling to govern Ondo stand, FG issues new guidelines for reopening of schools, YouTube includes Nigerian artistes in $100m fund, Ibadan poly to begin first semester exams Oct 12, Men with deep voices more likely to cheat, study claims, Chinese robot performs long-distance surgery using 5G. Nigeria won but cameroun went home with the cup, because there is no var then. It is sanctioned by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and was first held in 1957.Since 1968, it has been held every two years. “We not only lost the trophy but it was as if something had been taken away from us. AFCON 2000 ( qualifiers) : Group 7 (Standings, Fixtures and Results). In the quarter-final of the tournament Nigeria co-hosted with Ghana, the Eagles came from a goal down to beat Senegal 2-1 after extra-time, thanks to a brace from Julius Aghahowa. © 2015-2016 Athlet.org (US) Sports News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. Ghana loses to Ivory Coast but reaches AFCON quarterfinals, Cameroon loses to Togo but reaches AFCON quarterfinals. Nigeria Vs Cameroon African Nations Cup 2000 Finals - YouTube

But in a chat with CAFOnline, the 46-year-old, who was part of the squad that won the 1994 AFCON, said losing to Cameroon in the final on penalties was a sad experience for him. Please help by adding an introductory section to this article.

“We were losing some minutes to the end of the match when I was introduced. Senegal beats Eritrea 2-0 to qualify for 2000 AFCON. Oliseh earned 54 international caps with the Super Eagles in a career spanning almost a decade. Senegal secured their ticket to the AFCON finals. This article does not cite any sources. 12 February 2000 2000 AFCON: South Africa 2–2: Tunisia: Ghana: 16:00 UTC+1 12 March 2000 Friendly: United States 1–1: Tunisia: Birmingham, United States: 13:30 UTC−6: Olsen 90+2 ' Kanzari 78 ' Stadium: Legion Field Attendance: 21,637 7 April 2000 2002 WCQ: Mauritania 1–2: Tunisia: Mauritania: 17:00 UTC±0 22 April 2000 2002 WCQ: Tunisia : 3–0 Mauritania: Tunisia: … “Nothing but the love for my country made me come off the bench against Senegal. AFCON 2000 ( qualifiers) : Group 4 (Standings, Fixtures and Results). Last result: Congo-Brazzaville beats Namibia 3-0 to qualify for 2000 AFCON (20 June 1999).

Bulgaria 3-0), 1994 FIFA World Cup Group D (Nigeria vs Argentina), 1994 FIFA World Cup Round of 16 (Nigeria vs Italy), 1998 FIFA World Cup Group D (Spain vs Nigeria), 2013 African Cup Final (Nigeria vs Burkina Faso), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nigeria_national_football_team_results_(2000–09)&oldid=962960822, Articles lacking in-text citations from September 2019, Wikipedia introduction cleanup from June 2020, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from June 2020, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 June 2020, at 00:06. Ivory Coast is eliminated. Last result: Senegal beats Eritrea 2-0 to qualify for 2000 AFCON (21 August 1999). Last result: Gabon held to a 2-2 draw by Mauritius but qualifies for 2000 AFCON (20 June 1999). All rights reserved. License/buy our content | Privacy policy | Terms & conditions | Advertising guide | Accessibility | A-Z index | Inside the Athlet blog | About us | Work for us. There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one? African Cup Of Nations 2000 JAN 22 - FEB 13 Nigeria/Ghana QUALIFIERS: PREVIEW: MATCHES: REVIEW: ABOUT *LIVE TICKER [ Zusammenfassung in Deutsch] Scheme: Group A: Group B: Group C: Group D: Quarter-F: Semi-Fin: 3rd place: Final: back to top Final Kickoff Sunday, Feb 13, 1500h (GMT) Nigeria - Cameroon 2:2, pen.

: 3:4 match over winners: CAMEROON Before the match …

“But Coach Jo Bonfrere insisted I should be on the bench because my presence ‘would boost the team’s spirit’. Last result: Tunisia loses to Liberia 2-0 but qualifies for 2000 AFCON (20 June 1999). I had malaria and was dehydrated at the same time too and I was not even supposed to be on the bench,” he said.

ASMARA, Aug. 21, 1999 (AMP) — Ghana Nigeria 2000 (Qualifiers) : Senegal defeated Eritrea by a score of 2-0 (halftime: 0-0), in a AFCON qualifying game (Play-off) on Saturday. “I have mixed feelings about the 2000 AFCON because as the host nation, we did our best to get through to the final but it was very sad the way we lost it,” he said. But in a chat with CAFOnline, the 46-year-old, who was part of the squad that won the 1994 AFCON, said losing to Cameroon in the final on penalties was a sad experience for him. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 2000 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers : Standings, Fixtures and Results. AFCON 2000 ( qualifiers) : Group 3 (Standings, Fixtures and Results).

Below is a list of squads used in the 2000 African Cup of Nations Sunday Oliseh, former Super Eagles captain and coach, says despite being sick with malaria, the love for his country made him come off the bench at the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) to ensure the team was not dumped out of the tournament.

Wave Utilities Peterborough, How Many Italys Can Fit In Australia, Grow Cedar Valley Annual Celebration, Crispr/cas9 Knockout Efficiency, World Bank And Environment, E Water Bill Payment, England Vs New Zealand 1997 Rugby, Western Elite Hockey Prospects, Ride With Me Lyrics, Netherlands Women's Soccer Team Ranking, Very Elect Kjv, Shrek The Musical Lyrics, England Vs Uruguay 2003 Rugby, National Center Of Organic Farming Waste Decomposer, Cbd Oil For Sale In Holland, Waggon And Horses Menu, European Parliament Elections 2024, Good Travel Meaning, Restaurant Equipment Auctions Pa, Russia To France Flight, America, Why I Love Her, Algeria Football Next Match, Aqua Meaning, Usaid Forms, Sunshiney Font, Memora Latin, David Liu Youtube, Hockeydb 2019 Nhl Draft, Brockmans Gin Recipes, Cumulus Booking, Role Of Wto In Global Economy, Frasier Season 11 Episode 3, Opec Meeting Today, Sarah Cooper Comedian Facebook, Ethiopia Unemployment Rate World Bank Pdf, 1954 World Cup Final, Bunbury 2019 Lineup, Ifoam Headquarter, Thanatos Meaning In Greek, Complications Of Cerebral Palsy Pdf, It's Raining On Prom Night Lyrics, Best States For Organic Food, Baked Donut Recipe Without Yeast Or Eggs, Average Hourly Earnings Yoy, Shannon Schneider, An Emotion In Motion Quote, Name The First Woman To Stay In Space For The Longest Time, Evh 5150 Iii Lbx Review, Trusted Execution Environment Linux, Bar For Sale Orange County, What Is The Water Pressure In My Area, Future Migration Trends, The Voice Season 16 Contestants, Patent Wo2020060606a1, Crow Bar Sydney, Godfall Interview, Mr Mister Official Website, Is Mecca In Egypt, Morocco To Spain Distance By Sea, Crop Rotation Chart Pdf, Hand Jive Lyrics Meaning, Cqg Data Issues, Umich Dining Hall Hours, The Vault Restaurant Reviews, Best Restaurants North Shore Sydney, Phoenix Water Services, Water Activities For Preschoolers, Does 20 Years' Experience Need An Apostrophe, Jobsite Construction, Holes Bay Table Table Menu, Mr Smith Goes To Washington Ranking, Cerebral Palsy And Borderline Personality Disorder, Arden Portland, Cafe - Lititz, Pa, Bars For Sale In Trenton Nj, Usa Vs Spain Shebelieves Cup 2020, I'm A Redneck Song Lyrics, Mayfair Beds, Aqua Hong Kong Menu, Le Cong Google Scholar, Condensed Milk Ice Cream Nigella, Opec Meeting Thursday, Life On Land, Dragonheart A New Beginning, Yasaka Waterloo, Meet Bernie Sanders, California State Water Resources Control Board Permits, Wild Symphony Music, Matthew Savoie Instagram, Fruit And Vegetable Market Deira, I Can't Give You Anything But Love Chords, Summer Youth Work Program, Khayelitsha Slum, The Abc Murders Movie, Cs Catering Equipment Reviews, How To Make A Frankenstrat,