Directed by Stuart Gordon. What they find there will change their plan and their lives forever. Synopsis

It's her own cruelty which leads to her downfall. If you’re from Saint John and take offence to that, I’m sorry. The Boulet Brothers’ Creatures of the Night. Mipso present a new music video that shows signs of perseverance and determination that they possess as versatile and accomplished musicians ready to release the fifth album in their nine-year career. Can Queer Studies Rescue American Universities? Film Review: Stuck (2007) Corey Danna 07/29/2011 Film Reviews. This…, Rocky LaForge 18,802 films 2,250 59 Edit, Watchlist of movies that only you and your best friends might appreciate.

_g1.classList.remove('lazyload'); While Bardo is trying to make an escape, there are neighbors who discover (or almost redirect) his predicament.

Even if you don't, you still have to admire the man. He would later go on to form Chicago's Organic Theater Company, and seemed content to pursue combustible live performance. Bardo is a typical post-modern white male - unimportant, powerless, and disposable. Stuck (I) (2007) Plot. I laughed at a few parts too!

60. Starring Mena Suvari, Stephen Rea, Russell Hornsby, Rukiya Bernard.

She manages to drive home, locks the car in her garage, notes that her victim is still alive but decides not to call for help as it will not only mean the end of her career but also an arrest and subsequent conviction. I’m sure you’re all aware that the latest flick from Re-Animator and Dagon director Stuart Gordon is based on a real incident that happened back in 2001 in Texas. Stuart Gordon's career as one of the post-modern masters of the macabre happened quite by accident. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. Inspired by the horrifying real-life events of a woman who hit a homeless man with her car and then parked in her garage with the victim still embedded in the windshield, alive and pleading for help, this film packs a powerful punch. After this though he directed an excellent episode of Fear Itself with Elisabeth Moss. Oddly enough, the dread ends up being the least important element in the entire film. -Thomas Bardo. I sat on this DVD for months before I watched it and had forgotten alot about what I had known of the story and I feel it added to how I feel about this film. Brandi Boski is a collection of contradictions. Telling statement, no? Thomas is a character you immediately want to root for the first moment you see him. This year looks a lot like 1984 to Bob Mould and he is most definitely, not happy. How do I stop an e-mail in process of being sent? I remember enjoying RE-ANIMATOR too, but I don't remember much of the film.

%privacy_policy%. } catch(e) {}. Al grado que de la generación masters of horror, creo que nadie se ha ido en una nota tan alta. He’s actually a really likeable guy for the most part, save for the stupid decisions he makes throughout. Now I’m quite excited to check out Gordon’s other noir/crime films.

That’s what happened in the real story, and Gordon doesn’t deviate much from it.

While she is sober at work, hopes to increase her earnings through a promotion, she is hooked on alcohol and drugs. Taglines

Instead, it builds on what the Los Angeles post-hardcore band do so well already. Ever so loosely based on a real incident where a poor schmuck gets hit by a car and lodged into the windshield at the ass-end of the worst day of his life. Stuck starts off as a relatively accurate dramatic recount of a 2002 case in which a health care worker was driving home and hit a man, ramming him through her windshield, and she panicked and just went home, not alerting the authorities or getting any help. Ripped from the headlines and turned into vicious little suspense thriller, Stuck is a film driven by performances. Now comes the delightfully disgusting thriller Stuck (new to DVD from Image Entertainment). In extreme pain and with little time left to live, Tom pleads for Brandi’s help and tries to find a way to escape from his glass prison in this horrific thriller. Sadly, Image's DVD offers little in the way of added context.

Over the last few years, with films like “V for Vendetta” and “The Reaping” under his belt, these smaller, personal films allow him to shine as an actor. Mena Suvari, her hair braided in some dated 'wigger' cornrows, plays Brandi like a beat-happy culture-robbing lightweight. | Stuck is the kind of film you'd expect from Stuart Gordon. Not good and things get way worse when he gets hit by a car. In this movie the unstoppable foe who continues to come back from the dead is the innocent victim while the horny co-eds are the merciless villains. I hadn’t noticed before that Gordon has a cameo here. TMDb A great genre guy. Tom (Rea) is having a very bad day.

What It Is, the new album from multi-instrumentalist, producer, and Quantic collaborator Sly5thAve, represents a triumph of musicianship over genre conventions. Watch Stuck and check how Thomas Bardo is doing.

Mena Suvari helps garner the sympathy, of course, never seeming to be in just the right light, staying just this side of beautiful. He’s Rashid’s (Russell Hornsby) neighbour that gets yelled at by the naked woman in the apartment building hallway. Brandi heads out for a night at the club with her friend, and fellow nurse, Tanya (Rukiya Bernard) and her drug dealing boyfriend Rashid (Russell Hornsby). Brandi becomes so unpredictable that at points I did find myself on the edge of my seat, which is rare for me. He flies into her windshield, getting stuck in the process. Stuck is a strange little film; very hard to categorize (not that any of Gordon’s movie really fit anywhere comfortably, one of the things I love about ‘em) and a lot harder to review than I had expected. You think you're having a bad day?

To avoid being stuck in park, the contact shifted into neutral and used the parking brake in order to park the vehicle. Filmed in Saint John, New Brunswick, a city I lived in for about 8 years. As a director, with each film, he has grown, and with “Stuck”, he has proven once again that he is unstoppable. Wince-inducing gore, devilish reversals of fortune, clever cause-and-effect tension: all presented in an understated matter-of-fact style that highlights the pulpy exploitation touches. Johnny Butane During the first part of the film, he wants to succeed in life, find himself a job, and keep off the streets.

They spend the evening boozing it up and popping pills while Thomas is lost in the system at his interview, thrown out of the park by the police, and left walking to the other side of town to a homeless shelter.

Really solid stuff. Stuck has an interesting plot and an impressive film to back it up.

© Letterboxd Limited. Switch to the light mode that's kinder on your eyes at day time. A homeless man is crossing the street when he is struck by her car. In a blind panic, Brandi simply drives home and puts her damaged car in the garage. April 30, 2008, 4:46 pm, Starring Mena Suvari, Stephen Rea, Russell Hornsby, Rukiya Bernard. IMDb try {

Reid Sharlene Royer Bunthivy Nou Suzanne Short Wally MacKinnon John Dartt Liam McNamara Shuko Akune Marguerite McNeil Martin Moreno Lorena Rincon Mauricio Hoyos Brian Johnson, Stuart Gordon Christian Arnold-Beutel John F.S. I have Outlook 2007. But it's also an exploitation film and the whole cast is great but Russell Hornsby is phenomenal as Suvari's drug dealing "boyfriend.".

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain Cover, Safest Suburbs In Rustenburg, Number Of Hospitals In Europe, Why Do We Have Nuclear Weapons, Telephone Conversation In English With Friends Pdf, Bob Mann Golf Instructor, Aix-en-provence, France, Prima Minneapolis, Michael Myers Coronavirus Gif, Drinking Water Problems And Solutions, Dundalk Fc Results, Mike Fisher - Imdb, Water Account, Aquaculture Association Of Canada, The Way I Talk, Irca Auditor, Isabelle Huault, Juicy Burger Menu, The Price Of Inequality Sparknotes, Dee Why Italian, Aix-en-provence Market, Grateful Thai Menu, Spenser Confidential Producers, Wildwood Nursing Home, The Botanist Dispensary Nj, Boca Grande Beach, Sam Thai Neutral Bay Phone Number, Tale Of Tales Full Movie With English Subtitles, Checklist For Plumbing Work, What Did Morocco Have That Was Worth Taking Over, Duke's Maui Drink Menu, Mcdonogh Admissions, Manly Greenhouse, The Keys Put-in-bay Prices, " /> Press "Enter" to skip to content

stuck (2007)

Mena puts her all in the role, I have a feeling that this character meant something to her since she also served as one of the films executive producers. He's figuratively fractured her well placed glass ceiling, and she responds like a serial killer. His guitar sounds like it's on fire. Film Reviews. A young woman commits a hit-and-run, then finds her fate tied to her victim.

Rate This Movie: SYNOPSIS: Driving home after a night of partying, Brandi (Mena Suvari) accidentally crashes into pedestrian Tom (Stephen Rea), who gets stuck in her car’s windshield. Stuck is the kind of film you'd expect from Stuart Gordon.

Driving home after a night of partying, Brandi (Mena Suvari) accidentally crashes into pedestrian Tom (Stephen Rea), who gets stuck in her car’s windshield.

Never ever underestimate the stupidity or inhumanity that human beings are fully capable of committing! After forty plus years in the business, Stephen Rea still finds himself underrated.

Rea plays it pretty low key, but he’s fantastic, and Mena Suvari and Russell Hornsby are pretty great as well. Now comes the delightfully disgusting thriller Stuck (new to DVD from Image Entertainment). Stuck is a 2007 thriller film directed by Stuart Gordon and starring Mena Suvari and Stephen Rea, with a plot inspired by a true story. Here you'll find all collections you've created before. One of the best rock bands of the 1980s, the Replacements show what alternative rock was all about on Pleased to Meet Me. George Marshall's western spoof, Destry Rides Again, has a serious central premise; can society function without the threat of violence? _g1.setAttribute('src', _g1.getAttribute('data-src') );

On the ride home, she hits a bum pushing his kart.

With a running time of just over 80min, there is no filler. Drawing on inspiration from Gillian Welch, Ryan Martin delivers a song that taps into classic country-rock of the early 1970s. I think the file must be too large. _g1.setAttribute('srcset', _g1.getAttribute('data-srcset')); Instead, this maverick moviemaker has decided to discuss the current state of society circa the new millennium, and in that regard, Stuck is very special indeed. First Look: William Baldwin in First Trailer for Action Film ‘S.O.S. Any self-respecting horror fan holds “Re-Animator” in their highest regards. “Stuck” may not be your traditional idea of a horror film. Club…, there's a thing where you adds 'in my ass' to the end of a movie title, so here are some…. Brandi struggles with whether to help save this man's life or simply let him die and thereby protect her career. When that idea was scrapped, a TV script found its way to an interested producer.

What's a girl to do?

He is a character, especially in this day and age, with our economy in a such a withered state, that could very well be ourselves.

To remove a stuck CD from a car CD player, turn the ignition off and press down the CD player's power and eject buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.

The 10 Best Snippets from the Solo Sonic Psychology of John Winston Ono Lennon. The last feature film Stuart Gordon directed. After a night of drug-binging and partying, she accidentally hits a certain Thomas Bardo a deadbeat and recently evicted man who gets stuck in the windshield of her car. En resumen: un filme de Stuart Gordon.

A very funny, pitch black, dark comedy (Tobe Hooper would have said this one was full of red humor), and definitely not for the squeamish. Just got a promotion -well, almost- and now she has some bum stuck in her windshield. Not sure how to describe this one. Touché Amoré's Lament doesn't push the band's sound in new directions. For Don DeLillo, 'The Silence' Is Deafening, The Threat of Violence in George Marshall's Western Comedy, 'Destry Rides Again', Jules Dassin Versus Mark Hellinger and 'The Naked City', Kamala Harris' 2020 VP Run Evokes Rod Lurie's 2000 'The Contender', The Poetry of Murder in Jean Renoir's 'Toni', Mipso Keep Time on Their Side As a String Band on the Run (interview + premiere), Bob Mould Goes Back to the 1980s for the Sound of 'Blue Hearts', Ryan Martin Celebrates Life's Immediacy in "I Just Wanna Die" (premiere), The Replacements' 'Pleased to Meet Me' Gets a Deluxe Edition, Marie Davidson and L'Œil Nu Boldly Explore on 'Renegade Breakdown', John Lennon and Location: Someone's Time in New York City, The Sentimental Journey of John Lennon's "Imagine".

Directed by Stuart Gordon. What they find there will change their plan and their lives forever. Synopsis

It's her own cruelty which leads to her downfall. If you’re from Saint John and take offence to that, I’m sorry. The Boulet Brothers’ Creatures of the Night. Mipso present a new music video that shows signs of perseverance and determination that they possess as versatile and accomplished musicians ready to release the fifth album in their nine-year career. Can Queer Studies Rescue American Universities? Film Review: Stuck (2007) Corey Danna 07/29/2011 Film Reviews. This…, Rocky LaForge 18,802 films 2,250 59 Edit, Watchlist of movies that only you and your best friends might appreciate.

_g1.classList.remove('lazyload'); While Bardo is trying to make an escape, there are neighbors who discover (or almost redirect) his predicament.

Even if you don't, you still have to admire the man. He would later go on to form Chicago's Organic Theater Company, and seemed content to pursue combustible live performance. Bardo is a typical post-modern white male - unimportant, powerless, and disposable. Stuck (I) (2007) Plot. I laughed at a few parts too!

60. Starring Mena Suvari, Stephen Rea, Russell Hornsby, Rukiya Bernard.

She manages to drive home, locks the car in her garage, notes that her victim is still alive but decides not to call for help as it will not only mean the end of her career but also an arrest and subsequent conviction. I’m sure you’re all aware that the latest flick from Re-Animator and Dagon director Stuart Gordon is based on a real incident that happened back in 2001 in Texas. Stuart Gordon's career as one of the post-modern masters of the macabre happened quite by accident. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply. Inspired by the horrifying real-life events of a woman who hit a homeless man with her car and then parked in her garage with the victim still embedded in the windshield, alive and pleading for help, this film packs a powerful punch. After this though he directed an excellent episode of Fear Itself with Elisabeth Moss. Oddly enough, the dread ends up being the least important element in the entire film. -Thomas Bardo. I sat on this DVD for months before I watched it and had forgotten alot about what I had known of the story and I feel it added to how I feel about this film. Brandi Boski is a collection of contradictions. Telling statement, no? Thomas is a character you immediately want to root for the first moment you see him. This year looks a lot like 1984 to Bob Mould and he is most definitely, not happy. How do I stop an e-mail in process of being sent? I remember enjoying RE-ANIMATOR too, but I don't remember much of the film.

%privacy_policy%. } catch(e) {}. Al grado que de la generación masters of horror, creo que nadie se ha ido en una nota tan alta. He’s actually a really likeable guy for the most part, save for the stupid decisions he makes throughout. Now I’m quite excited to check out Gordon’s other noir/crime films.

That’s what happened in the real story, and Gordon doesn’t deviate much from it.

While she is sober at work, hopes to increase her earnings through a promotion, she is hooked on alcohol and drugs. Taglines

Instead, it builds on what the Los Angeles post-hardcore band do so well already. Ever so loosely based on a real incident where a poor schmuck gets hit by a car and lodged into the windshield at the ass-end of the worst day of his life. Stuck starts off as a relatively accurate dramatic recount of a 2002 case in which a health care worker was driving home and hit a man, ramming him through her windshield, and she panicked and just went home, not alerting the authorities or getting any help. Ripped from the headlines and turned into vicious little suspense thriller, Stuck is a film driven by performances. Now comes the delightfully disgusting thriller Stuck (new to DVD from Image Entertainment). In extreme pain and with little time left to live, Tom pleads for Brandi’s help and tries to find a way to escape from his glass prison in this horrific thriller. Sadly, Image's DVD offers little in the way of added context.

Over the last few years, with films like “V for Vendetta” and “The Reaping” under his belt, these smaller, personal films allow him to shine as an actor. Mena Suvari, her hair braided in some dated 'wigger' cornrows, plays Brandi like a beat-happy culture-robbing lightweight. | Stuck is the kind of film you'd expect from Stuart Gordon. Not good and things get way worse when he gets hit by a car. In this movie the unstoppable foe who continues to come back from the dead is the innocent victim while the horny co-eds are the merciless villains. I hadn’t noticed before that Gordon has a cameo here. TMDb A great genre guy. Tom (Rea) is having a very bad day.

What It Is, the new album from multi-instrumentalist, producer, and Quantic collaborator Sly5thAve, represents a triumph of musicianship over genre conventions. Watch Stuck and check how Thomas Bardo is doing.

Mena Suvari helps garner the sympathy, of course, never seeming to be in just the right light, staying just this side of beautiful. He’s Rashid’s (Russell Hornsby) neighbour that gets yelled at by the naked woman in the apartment building hallway. Brandi heads out for a night at the club with her friend, and fellow nurse, Tanya (Rukiya Bernard) and her drug dealing boyfriend Rashid (Russell Hornsby). Brandi becomes so unpredictable that at points I did find myself on the edge of my seat, which is rare for me. He flies into her windshield, getting stuck in the process. Stuck is a strange little film; very hard to categorize (not that any of Gordon’s movie really fit anywhere comfortably, one of the things I love about ‘em) and a lot harder to review than I had expected. You think you're having a bad day?

To avoid being stuck in park, the contact shifted into neutral and used the parking brake in order to park the vehicle. Filmed in Saint John, New Brunswick, a city I lived in for about 8 years. As a director, with each film, he has grown, and with “Stuck”, he has proven once again that he is unstoppable. Wince-inducing gore, devilish reversals of fortune, clever cause-and-effect tension: all presented in an understated matter-of-fact style that highlights the pulpy exploitation touches. Johnny Butane During the first part of the film, he wants to succeed in life, find himself a job, and keep off the streets.

They spend the evening boozing it up and popping pills while Thomas is lost in the system at his interview, thrown out of the park by the police, and left walking to the other side of town to a homeless shelter.

Really solid stuff. Stuck has an interesting plot and an impressive film to back it up.

© Letterboxd Limited. Switch to the light mode that's kinder on your eyes at day time. A homeless man is crossing the street when he is struck by her car. In a blind panic, Brandi simply drives home and puts her damaged car in the garage. April 30, 2008, 4:46 pm, Starring Mena Suvari, Stephen Rea, Russell Hornsby, Rukiya Bernard. IMDb try {

Reid Sharlene Royer Bunthivy Nou Suzanne Short Wally MacKinnon John Dartt Liam McNamara Shuko Akune Marguerite McNeil Martin Moreno Lorena Rincon Mauricio Hoyos Brian Johnson, Stuart Gordon Christian Arnold-Beutel John F.S. I have Outlook 2007. But it's also an exploitation film and the whole cast is great but Russell Hornsby is phenomenal as Suvari's drug dealing "boyfriend.".

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain Cover, Safest Suburbs In Rustenburg, Number Of Hospitals In Europe, Why Do We Have Nuclear Weapons, Telephone Conversation In English With Friends Pdf, Bob Mann Golf Instructor, Aix-en-provence, France, Prima Minneapolis, Michael Myers Coronavirus Gif, Drinking Water Problems And Solutions, Dundalk Fc Results, Mike Fisher - Imdb, Water Account, Aquaculture Association Of Canada, The Way I Talk, Irca Auditor, Isabelle Huault, Juicy Burger Menu, The Price Of Inequality Sparknotes, Dee Why Italian, Aix-en-provence Market, Grateful Thai Menu, Spenser Confidential Producers, Wildwood Nursing Home, The Botanist Dispensary Nj, Boca Grande Beach, Sam Thai Neutral Bay Phone Number, Tale Of Tales Full Movie With English Subtitles, Checklist For Plumbing Work, What Did Morocco Have That Was Worth Taking Over, Duke's Maui Drink Menu, Mcdonogh Admissions, Manly Greenhouse, The Keys Put-in-bay Prices,