Fao Nigeria Team, When Will The Leaving Cert Be 2020, Combine Harvester Uses, Portugal Vs Argentina Today Match Time, England V Poland 1973 Youtube, Take The Money And Run, Fifa Confederations Cup 2001, President Of European Council, Mr Monk Makes A Friend, Thanatos Persona, Guiding Light Lyrics Ed Sheeran, City Of Royal Oak, Endless Knights Movie, Difference Between Water And Sewer Charges, Burger Riga Old Town, Brazil Vs England Live Score, Van Halen Album Best Of Both Worlds, Loch Fyne Woburn, Royal Blue Dining Room Set, Opinio Juris And State Practice, Consular Fellow Reddit, Electricity Prices Netherlands, Types Of Employment, Matt Foley, Ireland Vs Australia Economy, Aviva Shareholder Benefits, " /> Press "Enter" to skip to content

2009 confederations cup usa

The United States … Hassan Chamas. The United States, playing in their first major men's tournament final, took a 2–0 lead in the first half, but Brazil scored three unanswered goals after half-time to win 3–2. The team finally seemed to come together after three weeks of training and games. A Ramos mistake helped kill Spain off. Filed Under: Featured, Great Moments, Soccer News, Top Posts, USMNT. Spanish sorrow Dempsey played a one-two with Davies and looked for Altidore who was being marked by his Villareal teammate Joan Capdevila. Splashed on the website of US TV channel ESPN, meanwhile, was the banner headline "Mission: Possible", with the article below encapsulating the euphoric reaction to events in South Africa: "They said it couldn't be done. Turneringen blev genvundet af de forsvarende mestre Brasilien, der i finalen besejrede USA med 3-2. ", Rival publication AS adopted a similar tone, headlining with "How strange it is to lose! Former French international Marcel Desailly, working as a BBC commentator that evening, said, “I was certainly impressed by USA. Dempsey’s pass was deflected by Xabi Alonso, but Altidore was able to shoot the ball that bounced off Casillas’s hand and into the net for the 1-0 lead. Fav. Spain, playing with the attacking trio of Fernando Torres, David Villa, and Cesc Fabregas, were unable to penetrate the US defense. "They lacked freshness and despite enjoying more possession of the ball they committed a series of stupid fouls in (Tim) Howard's penalty area. “I really think it helped our confidence going into the (2010) World Cup and beyond.”. When the USA lost 3-0 to Brazil in the first second game of the Confederations Cup, fans and critics alike turned on the team. Det var brasilianernes 3. sejr i turneringen, hvilket var rekord. Follow him on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/ClementeLisi. Each of their players have a very good level of discipline and they did not make a single mistake to allow Spain to score. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini. Reggie Cannon is already finding success after his move to Boavista, and he’s not the first USMNT player to make the move to the Primeira Liga. In his blog on the influential website BigSoccer, Ollie Irish pointed to the importance of the win. US national team coach Gregg Berhalter announced a 22-man squad Saturday for next weekend's friendly against Costa Rica that features 12 hopefuls seeking a first-ever cap.... J.League Cup / Copa Sudamericana Championship. Turneringen havde deltagelse af otte forskellige lande fra samtlige FIFA's seks konfederationer, heraf turneringens navn. The US backline that night featured Bocanegra, making his first start at left back since March 2007, playing alongside Jay DeMerit, Oguchi Onyewu, and Jonathan Spector. Above all, were the times the US National Team overcame a high-caliber opponent: England in 1950, Colombia in ’94, Argentina in ’95, Brazil in ’98 and Portugal in 2002. Against the USA, Spain was putting its 35-game undefeated streak on the line. To put it mildly, it was a mismatch. Amid the elation, there was also a guarded response from some US football observers, who praised the national side's achievement in reaching the final while pointing out that they still had some way to go before they could be considered among the top teams in the world. 1 Spain on Wednesday in the Confed Cup semifinals". Especially for US National Team supporters, the Cup provided lows, highs, and highs that quickly turned into despair. A minute later, another Davies shot went wide of Iker Casillas’s goal. Confederations Cup 2009 var den 8. udgave af fodboldturneringen Confederations Cup, og blev afholdt i Sydafrika fra 14. til 28. juni 2009 som en generalprøve for VM i 2010, der også afholdtes i Sydafrika. The 2009 Confederations Cup takes place in South Africa from June 14 - June 28.. Matches will be held in the following venue cities: Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Rustenburg.. Keep up-to-date with all the action on Soccerphile Confederations Cup …

Fao Nigeria Team, When Will The Leaving Cert Be 2020, Combine Harvester Uses, Portugal Vs Argentina Today Match Time, England V Poland 1973 Youtube, Take The Money And Run, Fifa Confederations Cup 2001, President Of European Council, Mr Monk Makes A Friend, Thanatos Persona, Guiding Light Lyrics Ed Sheeran, City Of Royal Oak, Endless Knights Movie, Difference Between Water And Sewer Charges, Burger Riga Old Town, Brazil Vs England Live Score, Van Halen Album Best Of Both Worlds, Loch Fyne Woburn, Royal Blue Dining Room Set, Opinio Juris And State Practice, Consular Fellow Reddit, Electricity Prices Netherlands, Types Of Employment, Matt Foley, Ireland Vs Australia Economy, Aviva Shareholder Benefits,